Sunday, September 28, 2014

Raffle Quilt…..Binding


The machine quilting is completed

on the 2015 WCC Raffle Quilt




Summer Breeze Quilt

Created by The Harlan Valley Quilters in Oregon








This was a FUN one to quilt…


























It is ready for the binding:



Scrappy Binding from leftover 2.5 inch strips







I bind with my Bernina because it is surrounded 

by work tables to support a big quilt


The Thread Shed is located in front of the barn.
The horses and cattle keep me company while I stitch.








The binding is on the front side of the quilt…













I am stitching on a hanging sleeve and label today.

The weather looks perfect 

for an outdoor photo shoot of this quilt.

More photos to come…





I took my camera along this morning

while feeding the cattle herd







We are feeding at the Westfork Barn:


I took some video of feeding the Cows and Calves...




LIVE video of cattle feeding below:



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox





CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,

LuAnn Kessi

5 comments:

  1. A sweet quilt LuAnn -- Just love your quilting. The farm shots are sweet too!! Have a blessed day.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the center, love the border, love the binding! LOVED the video of feeding the cows! They look very contented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to google maps where this beautiful place is that you live! If someone had asked me to name places where cattle farms were ... I never would have said Oregon. TX. OK. AZ. NM. NC. Any other place than OR. It's gorgeous. What a divine place to sit, have your morning coffee and watch the sun burn off that fog. Do I sound jealous? I'm green, green, green, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin,
    Since you are a No-Reply Blogger (your email address does not show up for me to reply to you personally it just says No-Reply Blogger) I will respond to you here. Many thanks for your very kind comments about the Summer Breeze Raffle Quilt. It was a joy from start to finish.
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi LuAnn!

    You'd never know I was a computer programmer in a previous non-quilting life. Not sure how to be a no-reply blogger, but that is ok. Keep the inspiration coming!

    ReplyDelete