Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sketch Book.....on the ROAD


I took 3 Sketch Books along on our trip...

and I filled 2 of them up


I try to give myself a diagram as to how I should approach the  designs when I am stitching them out 
onto a quilt surface.

You think you will remember, but sometimes I don't.

It is much quicker to look at my diagram and then I am 
off and running with the free motion quilting.





Yellowstone Bison





I drew this pebble design a few months ago.
In the one above I echo quilted around the words twice.
I didn't echo around the numbers.
When I stitch this out, I will echo around the numbers.




 Irrigation Wheel Lines Design:


Here it is October and many farmers are still irrigating their fields.



Irrigation Wheel Line






This was a FUN design to draw out.
It should flow beautifully when I stitch it into a quilt.




 We heard from Heath last night in Yellowstone.
Autumn is brief there.
The park is preparing for a long, snowy winter.


Heath climbed the mountain in the center of the photo in August.


CLICK HERE to view:  ALL Sketch Book posts

CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi


Gunnr riding along in Yellowstone Park.

He is on high alert for Buffalo....he just loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment