Friday, October 12, 2012

Sketch Book......Background Fillers



A few background fills I drew in the sketch book while traveling:


These can also be used in skinny sashings and borders






These are freeing and FUN to draw out!



I was inspired by the circles and lines above on the left page:


So I drew them out on a larger scale here.




 Yellowstone in October...




Tetons in October...




Inspiration for a Landscape Quilt



CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view:  ALL Sketch Book posts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. I have been keeping up with your drawings of free motions designs and I have to say they are all great !!!
    Like I told another quilter I need to practice more, so I will be doing some small table tops and pillows ,but i might have to wait until Jan.
    I love your designs!
    I know they look so easy on paper, these last ones, are they harder on cloth with a machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the Sketch Book posts.
    Once you get comfortable drawing them out on paper, it is a natural progression to move to the sewing machine.
    When you draw them out on paper, you are using one hand. When you stitch them out on your quilt you are guiding it with two hands.
    I always find it easier to stitch out onto the quilted surface.
    You are smart to start with small projects.

    Keep drawing and stitching. The more you practice, the better you will get.

    My Best To You,

    LuAnn Kessi

    ReplyDelete