Monday, September 24, 2012

Sketch Book......C Background Filler



This is a favorite background filler design

You draw out a C shape

Then add a leaf shape or curvy line etc. to it:


This looks best if you match your thread to your fabric color.

You probably know this already, but these designs always look better when they are stitched out on fabric.  
You can't draw out a design with pen and paper as good as you can stitch it out.

I hunted around on You Tube and found a tutorial that is very similar to the design I have drawn out above.

CLICK HERE to view Tutorial



This is what the yard looks like in September:


Under the Grape Arbor in the back yard...






Maple Trees are glowing...






Maple Leaves...






My old telephone books are loaded with these leaves.
I press them so I can use them this winter for surface design techniques.

CLICK HERE to view My Quilts

CLICK HERE to view:  Leaves for Sun Printing

CLICK HERE to view: Leaves as Patterns

CLICK HERE to view: Botanical Designs from the Sketch Book


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn Kessi

2 comments:

  1. This stitch design is a beauty! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and your sketch book posts! Thanks for sharing! I'm left with lots of inspiration :-)
    Wish you a great day,
    Laila

    ReplyDelete