Friday, April 6, 2012

Feelin' Groovy.........Binding


Day 13


This is my last day to stitch into this quilt...
I get a little sappy at this stage of the process.



This is the fabric for the binding...





These Marcia Derse Fabrics have been a great deal
of FUN to work with!





Binding....cut, pieced, pressed and ready to sew on






The binding feeds flawlessly from the coffee can






All of the machine work is done...
It's time to stitch the back side on by hand





Superior Threads Bottom Line
is my favorite for hand sewing bindings.
You can barely see the thread and it rarely tangles ever.





Next week....the pink baby quilt on the design wall
gets feathers all over it!



I get quite a few questions about the
Handi Quilter Sweet 16 Mid Arm Machine.
I thought it would be easier to answer them here:



Bobbin on the left is Sweet 16 Class M

Bobbin on the right is Bernina





The Class M Bobbins are BIG...
They hold a LOT more thread





Which means a lot less stopping, cutting threads, etc.
LOVE the Class M Bobbins



Someone is getting impatient:


Gunnr is ready to call it a day in the Thread Shed





This is where I will spend the evening
hand stitching the binding to the back side of the quilt.

Have a Good Night...


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


CLICK HERE to view: ALL Feelin' Groovy posts

CLICK HERE to view: My New Work

CLICK HERE to view: Marcia Derse Fabrics


May Your Bobbin Always Be Feelin' Groovy,
LuAnn Kessi

No comments:

Post a Comment