Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thermofax Printing......Class Prep Work


Today I am doing some prep work for a
class I am leading next week:

Thermofax Printing

Click Images to Enlarge:


The students will need a board to print on.
I am using leftover insulation boards from our
house remodel a few years ago.



Every girl needs her OWN tool box:


I found this cool green box at a second hand store years ago.



Every girl needs her OWN roll of duct tape:


I go through this stuff like water...





The boards I am making today are approximately
18 x 24 inches
This is a nice travel size.
I have larger ones for my personal use.

You can purchase 4 x 8 foot sheets of insulation board
from the home improvement store for about $8.
They also sell smaller sheets.




I cover them with 2 layers of thin cotton batting.
You want a firm, padded surface....not too squishy.





This board will last for years!





10 Student Print Boards
Ready for class next week...

The tape roller works great to clean off
the batting covered boards.

WD-40 will clean the duct tape adhesive
off my scissors.

Last week we received a DONATION of
6 Thermofax Printing Screens from:

Margaret donated the screens to support
A FREE Art Quilt Class for cancer diagnosed patients.

CLICK HERE to check out Margaret's screens
CLICK HERE to check out Margaret's Blog
CLICK HERE to check out Margaret's Website


CLICK HERE to view what we will be doing in class

CLICK HERE to view our Thermofax Printing Play Day 2

CLICK HERE to view our Thermofax Printing Play Day 1


CLICK HERE:  to see My Quilts


May Your Bobbin Always Be Full,
LuAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment