Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spring Growth

At 3 weeks old the baby chicks are turning into teenagers.......all feathered out with long necks and long legs.
Click Images to Enlarge:



Each morning when I go out to change their water and fill their feed dishes, they have grown overnight! Where are those little cotton balls with legs we had just 3 short weeks ago?


The black peeps are barred rock and you can really see their black and white checkered feathers growing in.


The State Fair Zinnia seedlings are also 3 weeks old


For now they live in my new garden window in the kitchen. I am enjoying watching them grow too. They are about 6 inches tall now. They will be transplanted in the flowerbeds next month.


We sure enjoyed the flowering cherry tree blossoms this spring. This is the last of them. I couldn't resist taking this photo of Dancer & Freckles out by the yard fence, framed perfectly by the flowering cherry tree.


Tomorrow is Monday, my day to meet with the Harlan Valley Quilters. I better get my quilting supplies packed up and ready to go for the morning.



Click Here to watch this video: Women in Art


CLICK HERE to view My Quilts


To see more Chicken posts CLICK HERE

To see my New Work CLICK HERE


Enjoy the rest of the Spring...
LuAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment